Human Services

Assisting Adults & Children in Muskingum County

  • Adult Blind & Disabled MedicaidThe Medicaid Program for the aged, blind and disabled is designed to provide coverage for the low income citizens of Muskingum County who are aged (65 years and over), blind or disabled.  GO
  • Long Term Care / WaiverThe Medicaid Long Term Care/Waiver Program provides assistance to the residents of Muskingum County through the Medicaid Program for placement in a skilled nursing facility or individuals who need ongoing skilled care who wish to remain in their homes.  GO
  • Healthy Families & ChildrenCovered Families and Children Medicaid is a federal and state financed grant-in-aid program and is offered to the residents of Muskingum County through the Department of Jobs and Family Services. GO
  • Supplemental Nutrition Assistance ProgramThe Food Assistance Program is administered through the United States Department of Agriculture. It is designed to provide a monthly supplemental food budget for qualifying low income households and to promote better health and nutrition. GO
  • Cash Assistance Program & RequirementsOhio Works First is the financial assistance portion of the state's Temporary Assistance to Needy Families program, which provides cash benefits to needy families for up to 36 months. GO
  • CCMEPCCMEP is a program combining components of the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) and the Work Force Innovation Opportunity Act (WIOA) intended to give low income youth and young adults valuable work experience. In a joint effort between Human Services and OhioMeansJobs an active approach will be taken to help remove barriers that may be contributing to poverty and unemployment. Our agency will provide access to supportive services and programs that are intended to help with job placement and facilitate job retention.

    Contact Number For Ohio Means Jobs

  • Apply for Child CarePublicly Funded Child Care (PFCC) helps eligible families pay for child care services for children under the age of 13 and children with disabilities up to the age of 18. Applicants may be required to pay a co-payment based on gross monthly income and family size. GO
  • Types of Child CareYour child receives care in a setting designed for groups of children. Child care centers are licensed by the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services or the Ohio Department of Education. GO
  • Become a Licensed ProviderComplete the application process to become a licensed childcare provider. GO
  • Child Care formsView and download child care forms. GO

Job and Family Services supervises the state's public assistance, employment services, unemployment insurance, child and adult protective services, adoption, child care, and child support programs.